Ephesians 3:13

Ephesians 3: 13 Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

(So I ask you not to be discouraged (be faint or weary, to be weak, to fail) because of my sufferings (persecution, affliction, distress, tribulation, pressure) for you, which are your glory.

2 Corinthians 1:6 If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which accomplishes in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we experience.

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore, since God in His mercy has given us this ministry, we do not lose heart. Ephesians 3:1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles...

Deuteronomy 20:3 And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them; Isaiah 40:30-31 30Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Zephaniah 3:16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 Corinthians 1:6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. Philippians 1:12-14 12 But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel, 13 so that it has become evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my chains are in Christ; 14 and most of the brethren in the Lord, having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

2 Corinthians 1:3-11 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation. 8 For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life. 9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, 10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us, 11 you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him. (Berean Standard Version)

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Our Testimony Matters:

I am not sure how many of you who have read this study, read my testimony. If you haven't and have time to get through, here is the link: click here

Why does our testimony matter?

The reason I began this way is to explain how I understand this portion of scripture.

If people who interact with me ever wonder about my past and my present situations, they will get a mouthful. I try to abbreviate it the best I can, but the trials and tribulations in my life are what people tend to buy books about, to be entertained, to make themselves feel entitled and blessed, or to be inspired, depending on the personality reading them.

I have been told by a counselor that I should write a book about my life. I have also been told by another, that they believe my gift is "inspiration". I cringed at both people at their declarations over my life.

These sorts of declarations are why I shy away from really giving my testimony in it's fullness:

Suffering (to this world and most believers) is to many a sign of weakness, ignorance, and a permanent tragedy of my identity and mark on this world. People perceive a person like me and others like me, without worth and significance.

Because the world expects and teaches perfection, abundance, and what they deem "blessings" in their life to be fulfilled into a positive outcome.

Therefore, they believe, if I am experiencing hardship and trials, I am not right, shouldn't have been born, and must be in sin.

Hmm...I wonder if this is why the nasty concept of abortion and suicide is so rampant, let alone drug usage (prescription or recreational) are encouraged.

What say you?!?

What do I mean by this?

Well, I have been through so much in my life. When I begin to share my testimony with people, they take it as a reason to be sad for me, pity me, and tell me I need to let it go and forget. Move on they say. Forget they say. It isn't who you are now, they say.

Hmmm....but I was formed by God to experience these things for a purpose under the sun, for a reason. Shall I forget that I had to be put under the fire, placed in floods, and made dumb mistakes of my own...because someone believes it will hinder me?

I disagree full heartedly. Paul seems to be saying the same. If you notice also, in the old testament, the Jews are constantly reminded of their beginnings, because they need to stay humble before God, about their reliance on Him. So does all of us who suffer in our lives. I am not able to be humble in my heart and mind, without those experiences. Read what He says about staying humble before Him in the old and new testament.

This link will lead you to a great tool I use to get a word study in, to find scriptures that relate to a certain topic. I recommend this one! 💓

He constantly reminds the Gentiles and Jews alike, my past is what led me here. It is my testimony so you will believe and know Who my God really is and why I am willing to give my life for Him. God's character is revealed through the sons of men, through their experiences with God while they are alive. Please don't shy away from people's stories and say they are dwelling in their past, when you asked what makes them what they are today. It is a dishonor to someone like me, and to our God and King, whom made me for such a task and time, to serve Him and love Him.

I am not saying it is necessary for me to look back, explain all of it, and then begin to have sorrow over every move and experience I had. I would never get up and get dressed! What I say is this, it is for God's glory and my good.

   To God's glory because God had and has His hand on all aspects of out lives. Every person who might or did hurt us somehow, was allowed in our lives. God didn't make it happen, it was allowed. He sees and controls all aspects of our lives. He knows the spiritual experiences people have (what is happening in the spiritual, unseen), though they are dumb about any of what is happening. Praise God He knows and sees! He is El Shaddai and El Elyon. He knows, and will intervene where needed, to keep His vessels. He is the Great Shepherd and the Great Potter. He knows what vessels we are and what we are meant to be, for His glory. I indeed give Him glory for my life, all aspects...because He helped and loved me, through it all. His grace was indeed sufficient for my trials and what my calling is in His kingdom. 

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

For my good is something to behold, because it requires a perspective people struggle to understand and accept. I see all of my experiences for my good overall. At the time, I can honestly say...I didn't see good in it. I actually laugh at this, because it really sucks! It doesn't feel good! It hurts and is a major challenge!

 Praise be to God, it lasts for but a moment in this life. It doesn't go to the point where I am unable to survive and bear it. Jesus takes that burden and lifts it off of us to help us. To give us the chance to breath and heal, but also to give us a chance to grow in our faith in Him, and to learn. Sometimes it is a matter of learning wisdom and discernment, while others it is just a chance to learn patience and perseverance. Romans 5:1-5, James 5:10-12, 2 Peter 1:5-11. It all depends on God's plan for each of us and what He plans to use us for in this life. 

   I personally take them all as a form of battle scars and know that even though I don't understand all experiences, as they came and even those that will come, I am in Jesus's hand, and He is in our Father's hand. As long as I abide our Lord Jesus Christ, and seek Him on all matters that come, my path will never go away from our Father's will for my life. I am His and He is mine.  





Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you need prayer or are interested in a bible study, please let me know! Thank you for reading today!

Isaiah 59:5

 Isaiah 59:5 They hatch vipers' eggs and weave the spider's web; He who eats of their eggs dies, and from that which is crushed a vi...